We had our last show in Florida on Thursday the 3rd, at the Coral Spring City Center, home of the World's Least Helpful Tech Crew. The day before we performed at the GORGEOUS Kravis P.A.C. in West Palm Beach, home of the World's MOST Helpful Tech Crew (also Diego, World's Most Unexpectedly Attractive Tech Crew Member...thank yooooooooou, Florida!), to a crowd of 2,000 very enthusiastic school children. Neither venue featured the inexplicable Clap-Along, and I'm kind of hoping that's the last we'll get of it. I think I'm alone in the cast with this feeling, but hey, theater etiquette starts early! After our show in Coral Springs, we began our long trek north to Sylvania, Ohio via Cordele, Georgia and Corbin, Kentucky. Google map that bad boy. That's a lot of driving.
Melissa left us on Thursday to fly to Pennsylvania and sing for her BFF's wedding, so it's only been six of us cruising up the 75 and soaking up all the...um...billboards advertising pecans, fireworks, and anti-abortion. The South is WEIRD, y'all.
Yesterday was the first day in many weeks we experienced actual chilly weather, which is a bit of a disappointment. Yes, I know it's November and by all rights I should have busted out some peacoats by now, but there was a certain amount of schadenfreude in knowing that my New York friends were shivering their buns off in unexpected mid-October snow while I was traipsing around Miami in a tank top. Le sigh.
We got a little treat in Vero Beach on Thursday night, with comp tickets to see Boeing Boeing at the Riverside Theater. Our Stage Manager's friend Jen Cody (who--fun fact--voiced Charlotte LaBouf in Disney's The Princess and the Frog) played Gabriella in the show, and it was a really nice production. We went for a post-show drinkypoo afterwards, where we got our first round taken care of by a trio of very grateful Canadians whose Porsche we jumper-cabled. You know, people make jokes about how NICE Canadians are, but these guys went above and beyond the stereotype. I ordered the MOST expensive red wine by-the-glass on the menu, instead of the cheapest! DREAM BIG. All in all, it was nice to get out of our routine of show-drive-hotel-internet-sleep and see some really great theater.
| Add look damn good doin' it, too. |
| I love doing this stuff. |
No comments:
Post a Comment