Is it Saturday? Where am I? Who are you people and why do I have castanets in my hands?
I can't believe our rehearsals are almost at an end! Only four more days until they set us loose on the world, and while I am excited to begin performing for the kids, we still have a good amount of work to do. We started doing run-throughs a few days ago, and HÍJOLE is it hard to keep up my energy like that for an hour straight! If I'm not on stage, I'm doing a quick change, or backing up harmonies, or setting props for the next scene, etc. Never a dull moment! Blissfully, every run--flawless or otherwise--becomes the one solid hour of the day in which I am incapable of thinking about the things going on in my life I'd rather forget. So despite all the physical and mental stress that are part of this process, I am thankful. So, so thankful.
Anyway...
The show is coming along great, and our costumes are fabulous, and I hope to get some pictures up soon. There are four other TheatreWorks shows in rehearsal at Chelsea Studios (Charlotte's Web, Junie B Jones, Skippyjon Jones, and Seussical), and it's been really interesting to hear snatches of songs from the other productions, as well as chat with some of the other performers.
Tomorrow is our producer's run, where The Powers That Be will sit in on our run and pass judgment on us mere mortals. Eek! It will be our first time with microphones!! Then we'll have our invited dress rehearsal on Tuesday, then on Wednesday we load the van, and then Thursday off, and then we have our first show on Friday!
I have our itinerary up through October 13th posted in the "News" section of my website, and if any of you out there would like to see a show, let me know, and I'll figure out how to make it work!
In other news, I have to figure out which storage facility I'm going to use to store my stuff while I'm on the road, since I'm moving out of my apartment on September 30. Gah! When it rains, it pours, right?
Hasta la próxima vez..
No comments:
Post a Comment