¡Caracoles!
Has it seriously been 6 days since we started? I feel like today was my 2nd day of rehearsal, at most. The time has gone by so quickly, and we've made so much progress...my concept of time is waaaaaay off. I think I speak for all my castmates (and SMs, directors, and choreographers) when I say that brains have been FRIED this week. We've done some great work, no doubt, but damn. Information overload. Whoo!! Looking forward to our day off tomorrow (except that I have a bunch of errands to take care of, so it's not quite as relaxing as I'd like it to be...ah well, no rest for the wicked!!)
We should be finished putting up the show on Tuesday, after which time it'll just be drill drill drill until we have this show down pat. We have a producer's run on Sunday, so there's a certain amount of pressure to have it gorgeous by then, but I know we'll do fine. We should have our official schedules for the first four weeks of tour no later than Wednesday, and I can't WAIT to have a more clear picture of where we'll be. I posted a tentative calendar on My Website if you'd like to see a rough outline of where we're going, but be sure that I'll have the solid schedule up as soon as I can. I can't wait to start this journey!
Despite being exhausted, it feels so incredible to be back in a rehearsal room, reviewing choreography, stressing over word-perfect lines, getting frustrated when wigs aren't fitting correctly...this is my happy place, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
¡WEPA!

No comments:
Post a Comment