In the last two days, I moved out of my apartment (and left my fabulous king bed!! Tragedy!), had three shows in a lovely little theater in Maryland, and traveled a grand total of somewhere around 700 miles. I am currently in Vineland, NJ, and have just had my first experience at a Bennigan's (not a fan of the Broccoli Bites.), and we have an hour drive tomorrow morning to our shows in Wildwood, NJ, after which we'll drive to Danville, VA. I've lost all concept of days of the week, hour of the day, and sleep schedules. BUT! The shows have gone pretty well, though we're still having pretty frequent audio problems (monitor went out today, mics going out during shows)...hoping that the kinks will get worked out soon. We had a bunch of incredibly helpful stagehands at Prince George's Publick Playhouse for the last two days, and what I wou;dn't give to have them at our vans for every show! Load-in and load-out were a breeze, which was good, because it started to rain on us after today's last show!
I was very fortunate to have my fabulous Aunt Gail come to the show yesterday, with her friends Patty and Haydee in tow. We went to a tasty Mexican joint called Sierra for dinner, where Patty's lovely husband Joe greeted us with a full round of margaritas ready to go. That man is a keeper, I tell you! Sooooooo great to spend some time with Gail, and I'm so thankful to have family that's supportive of my erratic but sparkly lifestyle.
| Fear the sparkly. |
Early early early call tomorrow morning, but I'll leave you with something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime:
Yup. Delaware. Brave new world.

No comments:
Post a Comment